There are many JS UI libraries available on the market today. They offer developers a wide range of features, prices, and depth of technical support. All of them can be divided into two groups according to the type of UI rendering used: server-side and client-side rendering libraries. In this article, we will discuss the differences between the two approaches to data rendering and provide examples of both types among popular software solutions. The article will be useful for the developers dealing with UI.
Let’s closer explore the server-side rendering. With this type of rendering, the entire HTML code of the page is generated on the server in response to a request. Thus, the server performs all the work and no additional data requests are required from the user.
Server rendering contains several obvious advantages:
- Server rendering is friendly with a wide range of devices and network conditions. It allows further browser optimizations like document streaming parsing.
The main disadvantage of the server rendering lies in the following argument:
- The formation of a page on the server takes time. The server has to produce a new page for every new interaction with a user. As a result, the loading time can increase and there may appear issues with the app responsiveness.
Now we will provide a couple of server-side UI libraries:
Another open-source platform offers a React front-end framework. Pre-rendering a page at request time or build time is possible.
The advantages of the client-side rendering:
- With so-called lazy loading, you boot only part of the page you need, so the speed of the app increases.
- Animated interaction with the user becomes easier and faster.
Disadvantages of the approach include:
- Crawlers will have some difficulties with indexing the page.
Client-side UI libraries:
This is a rich library of JS UI widgets. Complex widgets are turnkey SPAs, that can be effectively combined or used independently. The library guarantees compatibility with all devices, browsers, and popular frameworks.
This project was the leader of the recent Stack Overflow Developer Survey in the category of the most loved frameworks. The approach of the framework lies in effective performance with less code.
This is a progressive and widely used JS framework for creating web user interfaces. It provides detailed documentation and a wide ecosystem.
We have managed to briefly show the differences between the client-side and server-side rendering. Every project is unique and requires careful preparation stage. Once the type of rendering is decided upon start looking for the most suitable UI framework. We have provided you with the most powerful and robust solutions.
Facebook Official Page: All PHP Tricks
Twitter Official Page: All PHP Tricks